Thursday 12 February 2015

Week 3 Reflections

1. What are the most important themes you have learned this week?
This week was in interesting look into the anthropogenic factors affecting climate change. The ratio of the release of CO2 emissions through the burning of fossil fuels compared to deforestation was different to that I expected. 90% through emissions was higher than I thought. I think one of the biggest themes this week was how countries differ in their CO2 production, but how each contribution has an effect globally.

2. What did you find most interesting? And why?
I was interested in the topic of carbon sinks. It brought up questions such as ‘how is the huge amount of carbon being trapped by the ocean affecting it?’ and ‘will there come a point when these sinks are “full” and cannot absorb so much carbon? What then?’ I hope this course will return to these subjects. It’s something I would like to know more about.

3. Was there something that you learned this week that prompted you to do your own research?
A mentioned above, I want to know more about carbon sinks. I will see if they come up in future weeks, but I will be looking into it!


I've just watched the Feedback for this week. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment