Monday 16 February 2015

Week 5 Reflections

I found this week to be so interesting. Two very different topics both relating to the ocean. The rate of ocean acidification is really scary. It throws up a lot of questions about the future stabilities of ocean life and what consequences will come of these interruptions in the early life stages of some of the smaller organisms. Dr Ceri Lewis is an inspiration. Obviously very dedicated to her work and has great enthusiasm.

The influences on the ice sheets and how the flow of glaciers happens was eye-opening. I loved the video link to the team in the Himalayas. I thought the series of photographs and the guys passion for his project very inspiring.

Both themes this week show just how devastating some of the potential results of climate change can be. I have put up a few links in one of my posts a couple back. I’m intrigued about how the sea levels will rise unevenly around the globe and want to look into that a bit more.


Thanks again all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment